Oregon wanderings


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Bandon
May 12th 2012
Published: May 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Mud Run to Beach


Lions, Panthers, and Bears, oh my!




After our mud run, we set out to the Safari Game Park, just south of Bandon, Oregon. The park was much bigger than we'd thought it would be, and we wandered around for a good while. Then came the part we were looking forward to! They brought out black panther, lion, and black bear cubs for us to pet! Since it was the end of the day (and just before dinner) they were all hyper and restless, but it was amazing nonetheless. When the black leopard came out, it leapt up onto the counter where we were standing unexpectedly, straight at my face! Justin and I both took a quick step back, but the cub was much calmer after that, as he had his precious bottle.

Unexpected Stop




Now that we already had to cut over to Hwy 101 to visit the Game Park, we decided to continue down until it got dark, then set up our tent and sleep. That was, until we saw a gorgeous secluded beach, and a nearby campground. We stopped there, set up our tent, and walked to the beach. We drank a bottle of wine and watched the surf, then dug a giant hole before sunset. It was a great end to a great day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

MarkerMarker
Marker

Justin's glasses are here somewhere


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb