Day 29: New Orleans


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
January 26th 2012
Published: January 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Woke up early today, amazingly after last night's antics. I wanted to head down to Cafe du Monde to try their beignets, which are deep fried pastries, similar to doughnuts, just with no hole, and they are covered in icing sugar. They were pretty good, but not the best thing for a hangover. While at the restaurant, they were shooting a movie with Woody Harelson and Morgan Freeman. I didnt get to see either of them, but they did yell at me for walking into their shot. Who knows, I might be a movie star!

For the next couple of hours I wandered around with Caitlin, heading first to the French Mrket then to Bourbon St. The French Market was just a tiny version of the Vic Market, selling trinkets, jewellry and Mardi Gras masks. Bourbon St was different by day, it was a ghost town that was undergoing a major clean up operation. I assume it is like this every morning, with all the partying that happens at night.

At 1pm we all headed out to a swamp boat tour. It was so much fun, they took us out to look at gators on these big fan powered boats. We did see a couple of gators, but the guide also had a baby one on board that we were allowed to hold and get photos with. Poor Brittney ended up having the gator thrown at her since it was obvious that she was a bit scared.

For dinner a bunch of us went to Drago's restaurant for a seafood meal. I decided to try the lobster. Some of the meat was taken out and it was stuffed with a creamy pasta, but they left the tail meat and the claw meat in. It was delicious, but I think this is the first time I've been left hungry after a meal in America.

Once again a bunch of us headed out to Bourbon St. It was the last night for a bunch of people that were leaving the tour in New Orleans so it was the last chance to party together. It ddint end up being a huge night, but it was still heaps of fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0709s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb