Bourbon Street, New Orleans


Advertisement
Published: June 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Bourbon Street and The French Quarter


Bourbon Street PoliceBourbon Street PoliceBourbon Street Police

These horses were so well trained it was a pleasure to watch.
Bourbon Street is the best know epicentre for the jazz clubs in New Orleans. It's located in the French Quarter of Downtown New Orleans.
Quite simply it's party central with every style of music blaring out onto the street at you as you walk along. The street is streaming with people of all ages, nationalities, shapes and sizes. The clubs are packed and pumping. It goes 27/7 as far as I can see. There are also live sex clubs, strip shows, cabaret shows and countless places to buy a Margarita or a Daiquiri strong enough to make your legs not work for sometime.

The atmosphere is energising and fun filled. Not one person misbehaving anywhere, people dripping off the balconies above, strippers scantily clad beconing you into a show or a "private lap dance". One girl got quite excited about showing her breasts off to the people on the balcony above. That was entertaining. She had lovely shaped breasts and knew ithat they would be well received.

We were warned not to go too far off Bourbon Street because it was not too safe. In walking around the French Quarter we saw nothing of this and felt quite safe.
Peter meeting some party goersPeter meeting some party goersPeter meeting some party goers

Peter walked up and said "Don't move" and this was the outcome.


Saw lots of street performers including a group of yung black teenagers who could play their instruments (trumpets, drums, tuba, saxaphone and trombones). One team of the street performers were and acrobatic group, one of which hold theworld record for skidding along lino on his head fo 38 feet. Their buy line for a tip was pay up or we will go back to our ld job of robbing your homes. The crowd loved it. Then when you put the money in the tin he said "Thank you I won't return to your home or thanks I will return your car tomorrow". Everybody was happy and in a real party mood everywhere we went. If you ever get the chance t go to New Orleans then just do it. I've scratched this one off my Bucket List.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Bikers on BourbonBikers on Bourbon
Bikers on Bourbon

These bikes were almost museum pieces with music blaring out of somewhere, custom additions everywhere and all Harley Davidsons
The Cooler BikerThe Cooler Biker
The Cooler Biker

This guy was soo cool after I took this photo I got the signal that he was happy. The noise when they took off could be heard from the other end of the street.
Big Al Carson at the Funky PirateBig Al Carson at the Funky Pirate
Big Al Carson at the Funky Pirate

In the 3 times I went to The Funky Pirate I didn't see this guy move from his seat once. His music was wonderful an involved the audience. One night a guy walked out of the crowd and played the harmonica with them and was absoluly amazing to to listen to.
Big Al VCarsonBig Al VCarson
Big Al VCarson

Working his audience.
New FriendsNew Friends
New Friends

Peter and I were at another club listening to some great musinc by Peter Novelli and another band called Smoky Greenwell and the Blue Gnus and meet these delightful people, Kim and Trey
Kim collecting tips for Big Al CarsonKim collecting tips for Big Al Carson
Kim collecting tips for Big Al Carson

Big All took one look at Kim and could see that it would be a good idea having her walk around the club to collect tips. Here she is half way round and it's half full.


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1013s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb