The Big Easy Day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
April 29th 2008
Published: April 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well it was a bit of a late start this day due to the drunken nature of the night before. But when we finally rose we thought we see what this crazy city looks like through the day.
First we treated ourselves 2 some real good southern cooking... Burger King, maybe not but it hit the spot. We then walked up 2 Canal Street 2 the mighty Mississippi river, which we strolled along. Man i wouldn't have wanted 2 see what the river was doing during hurricane Katrina, its a real big river. Speakin of hurricane Katrina, the areas where we were (the tourist area) seemed ok, but the long walk from our hostel up 2 the french quarter u could see little pockets of damage. I think u would have 2 go in2 the suburbs 2 see the real damage.
Neways we walked from the river back 2 the french quarter and along bourbon street, which is a completely different beast during the day. Bourbon st sleeps through the day like a vampire and then wakes up at night 2 suck the sobriety out of u!!
Got back 2 the Hostel and well began 2 drink. Got talkin 2 a south african guy who was a live wire with a plethora of animal metaphors. e.g. Balls bigger than an elephant (brave), hotter than two squirrels fucking in a sock, rough as a goats knee and my personal fav 'hangin like saddams henchmen'.
There was soon a healthy crowd of us drinkin outside. The aussies, the mancs, Jackhammer Justin, some swedish guys and me and ben. After several beers we headed out 2 our beloved Bourbon St 4 more beers. Justin was runnin about bug eyed, excited by everything, grabbin his hair when he was especially excited.
We would duck in and out of bars, takin in the music on show. Grab some cheap beers off the street go in2 another bar. Back and forth like this all night, just diggin that crazy city.
We ended up in a bar with a balcony where we could look out on Bourbon St and all the drunks (us being a gang of drunks) and $6 4 3 bottles of bud, whats not 2 like??!!
We left the bar and made our way back home where sleep quickly grabbed us.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb