The Big Easy...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
April 23rd 2008
Published: April 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

B4 i get in2 New Orleans, a little story about the train journey.
We got on the train at Greensboro and due 2 the fact that it was busy me and Ben had 2 sit near strangers. The train emptied at Charlotte (wooooo). I found myself left with 2 seats and in need of sleep so sprawled out 2 get sum kip. Ben did the same aswell a dozen rows up from me. I actually had a reasonable nights sleep and woke up and began 2 got lost in the scenery outside the window when Ben came down and told me there was a seat spare next 2 him and that he had somethin funny 2 show me. I moved up 2 where Ben was and he showed me a note which had been left with him when he was asleep and which he woke up 2. The note read "20 dollars if u come up here and keep me company till Georgia, stand up and i'll put my hand up" Ben shocked but tired went back 2 sleep, however... later he woke up and stood up 2 stretch and noticed a "monster" (bens words) wavin her hands in the air. Ben promptly sat back down and went back 2 sleep. However when he woke up he had another note. It was pretty similar 2 the one above, if not slightly more aggressive. I don't think Ben got much sleep after that and he didn't even want 2 go 2 the toilet in case she grabbed him!!!
Neways got in2 New Orleans at 7:30 pm and we had also passed through a time zone (if only i was in a TARDIS and not a train!!) We got a taxi 2 our Hostel; India House... which was a real cool place, with an outdoor pool a few barbqs 2 use just a hip vibe about the place... it was alomost like a hippy commune but without the smelly hippies!!
Me and Ben did what we normally do and went and got ourselves some beers. We sat outside knockin em back when we heard a strong northern accent, which was like music 2 our ears. We introduced ourselves 2 Charlotte and Claire, twins from manchester who were doing some travellin and then we met a couple of aussies and another british guy from wolverhampton oh and some weird guy who said he was from London.
Well with a motley crewe assambled we headed off in2 the New Orleans night. We headed 2 Frenchman Street and let r ears choose which bar we were 2 venture in2, Every bar had some live music emenating from it, whether it be Jazz, Blues or rock and all of it sounded good.
This is how we continued the night, letting our ears decide which venue we should enter. After several whiskey's and Jazz runnin through r souls we headed on2 the fame bourbon street. This place was crazy!! Plenty more beer drunk and a good time had by all.
High on alcohol and music we got a taxi back 2 the hostel, where sleep promptly set in.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb