New Orleans


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
October 22nd 2007
Published: October 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After leaving Texas we drove to New Orleans to spend a couple nights on Bourbon Street. Our original plan was to stay Sunday night but we made better time than we expected. After talking with the hotel and Travelocity (who lied to us) we decided to book a room for Saturday night as well. We were glad we did because there were a lot more people out on Saturday than were out on Sunday.

Bourbon Street is what you would expect. A lot of people, a lot of bars, and a lot of food. We grabbed our frozen drinks and walked around for a bit trying to find a place for dinner. We ended up at a great restaurant (I can’t remember the name) where we ate 2 dozen oysters and BBQ shrimp. It was really good! We spent the rest of the night sampling the bars and watching the people. We had a great time!

The next morning we got up and walked down towards the water. It was raining a bit, but it felt a little like home. We found the famous Café Du Monde and had beignets and coffee. We walked on the pier and poked around in the tacky shops for the rest of the morning before going to the Oyster House for lunch. The Saints game was in town so there were fans everywhere. All the bars and restaurants had the game playing. At lunch we stuffed ourselves with 3 dozen oysters and a couple beers and then went back to the hotel to take a nap.

We almost rallied to go out on Sunday night but Saturday had taken its toll. We settled for a chili dog from the street vendor and a “Huge Ass Beer” from the man with a keg in a room no bigger that a closet, and went back to the hotel to watch documentaries. We are super exciting all the time!!!!

Monday morning we got up and packed and went to Café Du Monde for breakfast. Then it was off to Florida, our last stop in the States.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Football Sized CocktailsFootball Sized Cocktails
Football Sized Cocktails

Gotta Love New Orleans!
Beignets and CoffeeBeignets and Coffee
Beignets and Coffee

Thanks for the suggestions!


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb