New Orleans


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
August 22nd 2022
Published: August 22nd 2022
Edit Blog Post

20th August, 2022

Up early this morning as we drove out to Destrehan Plantation for a tour and a look around. The main house itself wasn’t much to look at, but the out buildings and slaves quarters were very interesting. We were quite shocked to learn how many different owners the plantation had had over the years. Also, how many slave children grew up there to also become slaves as soon as they turned 12.

We walked the grounds with the beautiful trees before the cloud came over again threatening to rain. We were on our way back to New Orleans when the heavens opened again. It rains very hard here.

We had to park the car in a car park a little further down the street as the original one was closed. We didn’t get too wet going back to the apartment.

We all walked to Felix’s restaurant for lunch. Gail & Jeff had fried oysters and a fish po-boy. Sandra had fries and I had a 1/2 fried shrimp po-boy and a small bowl of seafood gumbo. Amazing! We took home a piece of Key Lime Pie for dessert later.

It had rained a couple of times while we were in the restaurant so our idea of the Cemetery Tour was cancelled. The weather has not been very kind to us. It poured all afternoon so we spent it playing UNO.

Sandra ordered a pizza around 10pm and we munched on that. Didn’t want too late a night as everyone was leaving in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1023.1kb