New Orleans - New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
August 22nd 2022
Published: August 22nd 2022
Edit Blog Post

21st August, 2022

Alarm (Sandra) got us all up by about 7:30.

Gail & Jeff left about 8:30 and we ordered a Lyft straight after to go to the airport. The line for security was just about out the door. There was so many people leaving New Orleans. Can’t say I blame them. I wasn’t overly impressed. It was pretty dirty and smelly and there was so many vagrants and drug dealers everywhere.

Our plane left about 25 minutes late but we landed in New York pretty much on time which was just before 3:00. Both of us just snoozed most of the way. I mentioned to Sandra that we probably wouldn’t be checked in to our hotel much before 6pm.

We got the train from Newark to New York Penn Station. Big mistake! I had been told it was easy and cheap. It didn’t end up being either. The train was so chock-a-block full of people that the cases were always in the way. When we finally got to Penn Station and up on to the street, we tried to hail a taxi. Not happening. They always had a passenger in them.

Ended up ordering a Lyft and after about 15 minutes of head swivelling looking for him, he finally rocked up. What a New Yorker! He was brilliant. Funny, sarcastic and generally a bit of a show off but we enjoyed our ride with him.

We finally checked in to our hotel just after 6:00pm. (Yep, I was right). We were pretty hungry as we hadn’t eaten all day, so we just dropped our bags in the room and went out to look for food. We found Whole Foods so we went to their fresh salad bar, loaded up a box and ate at a picnic table just beside the bar.

Back to the room to shower and played a game of UNO before lights out. SORRY, no photos today as there was nothing to see. PS from Sandra, stay tuned for double amount tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb