New Orleans


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
August 19th 2022
Published: August 19th 2022
Edit Blog Post

18th August, 2022

Had some toast and Vegemite with orange juice for breakfast this morning, felt just like home.

We went for a quick walk along Canal St while waiting for Gail and Jeff to arrive. We weren’t out for very long when the clouds darkened and the rain started. We dashed back to the apartment and watched the rain pouring. There was a bit of a thunderstorm to go with the rain.

Gail and Jeff arrived around 12:30. We spent the afternoon catching up. We went out for a walk and ended up at a daiquiri bar eating nachos and sipping on a frozen margarita. When we finished there, we walked past a mobile weed truck. It seems its legal just about everywhere in USA now.

Back to the room to get ready for our riverboat dinner cruise. Got a Lyft to the paddlesteamer. Dinner was chicken, shrimp pasta, spiced roasted potatoes and beans. There was plenty of it.

It was a hot night and it was nice to be out on the Mississippi River with a breeze.

Got a Lyft back to the apartment and sat on the balcony chatting. We watched a couple of different drug deals and also a guy unloading a truck for a CVS store. It seemed to be one box for the store and 2 boxes for the back of his car.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0877s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb