Cumberland River and Barkley Lake


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kentucky
September 7th 2015
Published: September 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We turned right off the Ohio onto the Cumberland River for a short 33 miles before going up 47 feet into Barkley lock and Barkley Lake.

After yesterday's travails we had a short day of travel, an easy lock then over to our old anchorage on Barkley Lake. It is still hot and humid so we had a wonderful swim in the lake. The first mate floated around on a noodle while the Captain changed the oil, checked fluids and fuelled the boat. No rest for the wicked. He did enjoy a couple of swims as well. It was heavenly!

We enjoyed the antics of geese, white Pelicans, egrets and osprey. Lots of fish jumping and few bugs.

We finished the night with a nice bar-b-que and copious numbers of cold beer. Tomorrow we cross the lake over to Green Turtle Bay Marina. We desparately need to do laundry, get provisions and beer. We can borrow their courtesy car and swim in a pool. The famous Patti's Settlement restaurant will send a shuttle to pick us up at the marina, it is fine dining for the weary crew of Special Treat.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb