Packing for Spain


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kentucky » Lexington
September 14th 2017
Published: September 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Kathy and I are headed to Spain!!! Yeehaw! We have spent the last month or two finalizing the arrangements. We will visit Barcelona, Zaragoza, Logrono, Santander, Pecos de Europa, Oviedo, Madrid, Seville and Valencia with a final stay in Barcelona before heading home. Of course we have incorporated a hike into our trip in the Picos de Europa National Park. Our hike will start about 4 days into our trip and will be a series of day hike loops with multiple days at each B&B. Total distance will be about 60 miles and total time will be about 6 days. This will be different than our normal hikes because we will stay in one area which will allow us to enjoy the local shops and restaurants for several days. Terrain will cover 10 to 15 km a day with elevation changes in the 1500m to 2500m range...ouch!

For those that know our game plan, we spent a few weeks in Ireland in hopes that Ireland would be our first destination to move, but decided against it because of the weather. We hope that Spain will be more to our liking. So off we go on our data gathering trip. Again we are staying at a combination of B&Bs and AirBnBs. This worked very well in Ireland and allows us to interact with people that know the area.

We leave on Monday and are pretty much packed but Kathy needs to oversee the final packing to make sure I don't load her pack with my stuff (which I have been known to do). This scheme worked well for me the last trip until she found my stuff in her pack. After that, well...not so much. We have researched the public transportation for the areas we are visiting. It is a shame that the U.S. does not support the ground transportation options that Europe does. So far, we have been able to pre-arrange a good portion of our transportation in advance.

We have spent several hours in negotiating the trip. Particularly the miles/beer. In Ireland I was allowed 1 beer for every 5 miles or 2 beers per day. We have been at it for several days now locked in the back room and we finally agreed on 2 beers every 10 miles. I feel like this is a win-win for both parties. Last night we went to the movies to see "The Trip to Spain" in hopes of getting some pointers or gather some information. I came away with one piece of good advice...don't waste your money on this movie. But the scenery was pretty.

Next stop...Barcelona.

Advertisement



16th September 2017

Bad negotiator
You will be in Spain and used kilometers. 2 beers for every 10 kilometers. Suggest renegotiating. ;-}
16th September 2017

Good point
If you don't tell, I won't. I can use this to my advantage.
17th September 2017

Audios!
Safe travels to you both - know you're going to love Spain.....and the tapas....and the vino!
17th September 2017

Audios!
Safe travels to you both - know you're going to love Spain.....and the tapas....and the vino!
17th September 2017

Si
Tapas y vino...magnifico. Nos vemos cuando volvamos.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb