We are Off!!!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » Barcelona
September 16th 2017
Published: September 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

View from the Top View from the Top View from the Top

This is a picure of the Plaza de Espanya from the top of the Aeana. Very colorful buildings.
An uber ride to the airport and we are off to Spain. Kathy and I travel to Chicago and from there its a direct flight to Barcelona. We arrived at 1:30pm local Barcelona time. Until then, we were at the mercy of American Airways. It was a good trip but not quite as good as Delta. I must have gained 5 lbs on the trip to Ireland and back.

As it turned out, the food was good but we both were tired and tried to get some sleep. Unforturnately, I didn't get much satisfaction and when we arrived, I was one tired puppy. We grabbed the Aerobus from the airport to the Plaza De Espanya and from there it was a 3 minute walk to our first AirB&B. Once again Kathy has proven her lodging skills up to the challenge and she has acquired a worthy place to stay for the next 3 nights. The location is excellent.

After settling in, we don our touring apprarel and off we went to see the sites of Plaza de Espanya. The top of the Arena afforded us exceptional views of the colorful Barcelona landscape and several potential entertainment and eating opportunities.
Tapas at a siewalk CafeTapas at a siewalk CafeTapas at a siewalk Cafe

Wine, mussels, and stuffed olives...3 of the 4 major food groups.
After a walk in the Parc de Joan Miro, we found a nice streetside restaurant on the Carrer de Llanca named Cafe de Galida. We shared steamed mussels and anchovy stuffed olives, which I must admit were very tasty, and a couple of glasses of wine (of course with a toast to Beth...heres to ya!). The small side street was the most lovely little avenue with lots of pedestrian traffic and the owner was gracious enough to put up with our bad spanish.

We walked back to the apartment with a stop at the local market across the street where we got into a lively conversation with one of the patrons about the difference between Spain and Catalan. These people are very passionate and Kathy and I learned a lot about the Catalan culture. We bought some cheese and bread...and of course a couple of beers. We headed back to the apartment for some much need rest.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Just have to Ask YourselfJust have to Ask Yourself
Just have to Ask Yourself

Where did the owner of the wheel chair go? Off tooling around on their Vespa I suppose!


20th September 2017

Stunning
I was so excited to here you Kathy are traveling to Spain . I truly enjoy reading your blogs. This is such a great way to share your travels and diary it. Glad you are both safe and look firward to next entry.
21st September 2017

Stunning
I was so excited to here you Kathy are traveling to Spain . I truly enjoy reading your blogs. This is such a great way to share your travels and diary it. Glad you are both safe and look firward to next entry.
25th September 2017

We are having a wonderful time
Yes we are. The weather is beautiful and the people seem so happy. We feel safe even in the crowds but we stay cautious nonetheless. Not speaking the language is problematic but we are learning. I'm sure my southern accent doesn't help.

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb