Kentucky Bourbon Festival


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kentucky » Bardstown
September 21st 2013
Published: September 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Whiskey Barrel BikeWhiskey Barrel BikeWhiskey Barrel Bike

In front of the Visitor's Center
Went to the Kentucky Bourbon Festival today!! It was about 50 miles northwest of where we're staying in Campbellsville. Nice day and pretty drive up there. Parked and went to the Talbott Pub to get late lunch and some Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. It's a nice beer that's finished in the bourbon barrels! Glenn tried some Apple Pie Moonshine...was delicious, but would be VERY dangerous!! We met a very nice young couple that had just moved from New Mexico to Lexington. They were fresh out of college and had taken their first jobs.

We strolled over to the festival area, but were cash poor and the ATM onsite didn't work, so back downtown for an ATM. Back to the festival, where we tried some of the local bourbons. First sips were nice, but it wasn't long before I was hunting up a beer...a bit too strong for me, but G was thoroughly enjoying the Jim Beam! By that time, the bands had started playing, so we wandered over to the stage area. They have a bourbon museum, so checked that out before we hung out to listen to the music. Met a nice couple that were down from Louisville for the festival. It is so fun to visit with folks along the way in our travels!! Usually everyone is so nice, and today was no exception!!

The bands were really pretty good, but the headliners were the Kentucky Headhunters. We hadn't seen them play live since they came to Klamath Falls in 1993...still good, but they've aged a bit, not unlike the rest of us!! We ended up right by the stage, so had some nice shots of the band!

It was low 70's for much of the day but by the time the concert ended, it was quite chilly. Low was down to 45...quite a bit of fog on the drive home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.23s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0982s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb