Mt. Rushmore - Day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kansas » Colby
June 23rd 2010
Published: June 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 2


OklahomaOklahomaOklahoma

What better way to commemorate entering "Indian Territory" than with a picture of Kay in front of the sign. She is part Indian but we are not sure which part.
We got a fairly early start from Shamrock yesterday morning. In short order, we were in Oklahoma. We really went through Oklahoma fast as we obviously were just passing through the panhandle. We then arrived in Kansas. Wow, I've never seen so many "amber waves of grain"! We took a break in Garden City, KS & changed drivers. With Kay behind the wheel, we left town. At the edge of town, we passed a building with a great sign, "Stay Slim, Eat Beef." I asked Kay to turn the car around so I could take a picture. She said no way was she going to waste time so that I could take a picture of such a bogus sign. And by the way she asked, how's that eating beef & staying slim working out for you? I said I'm sure it works just fine for some folks as she stepped on the accelerator!

We found another great place to eat supper last night in Colby, the Village Inn. I am really sorry we can't stay one more day here as on Wednesday nights, you get a free slice of pie with your meal. Kay pointed out that I have already
Entering KansasEntering KansasEntering Kansas

Never seen so much wheat & corn in all my life!
had too many slices of pie.

We then headed to the grocery store for some supplies. As we do when we travel, we try to mail home a post card daily to document our trip. Kay asked the cashier if they had any post cards. He asked where we were from? I said SA. He said this is Colby, KS & they don't have anything like that here. He said if we have to get some to try Wally World (the Wal-Mart down the road) or the truck stop. We struck gold at the truck stop! More tomorrow.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Oz MuseumOz Museum
Oz Museum

We stopped at the museum. A young lady dressed as Dorothy gave guided tours. I said to her, "You must be Dorothy. The witch's Dorothy?" She was polite & didn't roll her eyes.


23rd June 2010

Food Dilemma
It is quite obvious that Kay may have ulterior motives in depriving you of the delicacies God intended mankind to enjoy. No Beef, No Pie....Whats next...Thought you said this was a vacation... How can you be on a vacation and not indulge. Please let me know your future destination as I will have to forward a care package so that you will not starve on the rest of your journey....cheers. ;)
26th June 2010

Your trip
Carla, you're gonna love it!

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 16; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0689s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb