RIHLA #21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
March 6th 2013
Published: March 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post


• The year is 1492, and I would rather live in the Americas, the new world, because it has many of the foods and flavors that I like. For example, avocado, strawberries, vanilla, pecan, and pineapple. I wouldn't mind not eating lots of meat because people do it now a days and have done it before so I could do it now.
• I interviewed my mom.


From New World: avocado,peanut, pineapple, strawberry, and tomato.

She said that the tomato was from the old world but the rest were right.

From Old World: chicken, coffee, lettuce, pear, and rice.

She said the coffee and pear were from the new world.


• A favorite family recipe is tamales with a special salsa.


The ingredients are: pork, lard, baking powder, dry corn leaves, salt, and masa. For the salsa: onion, tomato, chile, and salt.

First, put the leaves in water. Next, mix the masa, salt, baking powder, and lard. Then, spread the mixture on the wet leaves at about half way. Then put some of the pork (cheese, chicken, or whatever is wanted) onto the mixture.

For the salsa: boil tomato and chile, then add salt. Next blend them together. Fry some onion and when done add salsa.

My family's favorite recipe is a mixture of bothe new world and old world.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb