Rihila #22


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
March 13th 2012
Published: March 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1) Rev.Marcel Guarnizo was suspended from acting on any priestly duties for different accounts of "intimidating behavior." His banning was provoked by refusing to give communion to a lesbian at her mother's funeral. He also refused to go to the mother's gravesite because he said that the daughter was a sinner for living with a another woman ad going against the church. The archdiocese stated that they do not approve of what the did and that no one should be refused Communion unless they have had a conference with their priest in private.

2) This article related to the problems with religion that we have learned about in class. We have learned of the different conflicts that religion can have on people and how some people are left out. In this article, a woman was discriminated against for going against Catholicism for being a lesbian.



3) The effect of the woman being refused of Communion was caused by the Priest’s strict views of what is a sin.

4) This article makes me question the archdiocese views on what is okay and what is not. It makes me question what people are able to do when they are denied by superiors in their religion.



http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/12/priest-who-allegedly-denied-communion-to-lesbian-placed-on-leave/?hpt=hp_c2

Advertisement



Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb