RIHLA #21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
March 6th 2012
Published: March 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1.In the article instead of slaves being on platations and in homes they are now on the street trafficing themselves. Through this trafficing they often work for free and fear for their lives because they are under control from someone else.

2.This movement connects to president Lincoln because where they were making the protest was the exact spot Lincoln made his and signed the Emancipation Proclamination and that was suppose to abolish slavery. The truth is the slavery never ended because millions of Americans are under a form a slavery and are too fearful to get out.

3.The Polaris project is a place where victims that are under the form of slavery can call or tell their story to be able to get help and stopother people from getting hurt in the future as well. I think this is a good project because victims that are scared can find some comfort and safeness in the project and be able to go to them for help.

4.I do believe human sex traficing is a modern day version of slavery because these women and men are being held unwillingly and are forced to do jobs they do not want to. Also in return might be subjected to violence and are scared to actually get away, justlike how slaves were in the past. Lastly the men and women are being forced to do these jobs and never getting paid and forced to do the work for free or risk getting a punishment.

5. Another example of modern day slavery would be drug dealers. Many children these days have gotten themselves involved with the wrong people are are forced to do their "dirty work". The children often do this for little of no money due to fear of punishment.

-I believe the hotline for traficing people is good becasue it makes the world feel safer that there are actually people out there that are trying to help and really make slavery come to an end.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb