RIHLA #19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
February 18th 2012
Published: February 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post


• What are some of the reasons that books are banned in high schools?
• sex, profanity, racism, violence, drugs, and religion.
• Do you agree with any of these reasons? Explain.
• I agree with the topic of religion because I dont believe people should break their religion if they are not allowed to learn about other ones just because the school is requiring a individual to read a book that has the them of religion in it.
• What reasons do you NOT agree with (this means that you think high school students SHOULD be able to read about these topics). Why? Sex, profanity, racism, violence, and drugs. I agree with these to be taught because teens should be able to learn the reality of things in the world.
• Who do you think pressures teachers on what they should or shouldn't teach?
• I believe the parents pressure teachers what they should not teach because it is their children who are reading the books in class. The parents are the ones who hold control over what their children do. Those who pressure teachers what to read are other teachers because they feel what they teach will allow a student to learn something.
• If one wanted to fight against book censorship, explain at least one way in which they could do so.
• If a individual wanted to fight against censorship they should write a letter to a official such as mayor, city council member, or even a library board member.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.312s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb