RIHLA #10


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
November 21st 2011
Published: November 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/occupy-wall-street-uc-davis-protests-escalate-after-pepper-spray-use-sparks-anger/2011/11/21/gIQAN0r2iN_story.html

Article Title: 'Occupy Wall Street' UC Davis protests escalate after pepper spray use sparks anger

Who:
A group of college students from the University of California Davis protested outside of their school very humbly and were pepper sprayed by two police officers. Two police officers and the police chief were both suspended while charges are pending.

What:
The students were sitting down on the ground locking hands. The Chancellor of UC Davis was asked to resign by faculty because they believe she could have done more than getting the police involved. She stated that getting the police involved was the only option to escort the students away from protesting, however, faculty said they could have turned the protest into a teach-in where class could have been held outside.

When:
This protest occurred in November 2011.

Where:
University of California Davis

Why:
The students were protesting because they wanted to occupy wall street in New York.

I don't know if I necessarily agree with the whole occupy wall street movement, probably because I don't know much about it how; however, I do disagree with the students being pepper sprayed. I feel as though there were a million other ways that the issue could have been resolved. Those police officers deserve to be suspended.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb