New V.S. Old


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 10th 2013
Published: March 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

If I were to choose between the old world and the new world based solely on food, I would choose the old world because many of the food that they had in the old world, is more commonly eaten by me today. On the other hand, some of the foods that have been added to my daily diet have come from the new world. Fortunately, the old world is where I want to be.

Family recipe ingredients:

1. Chicken

2. Rice

3. Peas

4. Yams

5. Collard greens

6. Onions

7. Sweet peppers

8. Potatoes

9. Tomatoes

10. Salt and pepper

11. butter



Summary:

To make my family recipe, cut up enough onion and tomatoes and sweet peppers and carrots to help season the chicken. After that, sprinkle enough salt and pepper and cut some potatoes to put in the collard greens to also add some flavor to the greens. Cut the yams up and let them cook. It doesn’t matter if they are baked or boiled. After the big portions are half way or nearly being done, cook the small portions, the rice and peas, and add in the butter either while it’s cooking or after it’s done being cooked.



Based on my family recipe, it is more of the old world because chicken, rice, peas, yams and onions come from the old world. On the other hand tomatoes and potatoes come from the new world. By that being said, most of the ingredients used in the recipe come from the old world.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1001.9kb