Pirates? Piracy?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 6th 2013
Published: March 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Believe it or not, piracy still exists today. Where? In Somalia, piracy has increased over the pass years. The U.S. Navy suggested that they only continue to stick to their original path, the Arabian Sea, where they chaotically pirate ships as long as they don’t interfere with other ships beyond their area. But soon they were focusing on the southern and eastern coast of Somalia because they don’t have any patrols there.

The authorities are trying to combat the problem by going after the pirates that held Americans hostage. Therefore, it was like a war that took place trying to rescue those that were held captive by the Somali pirates. By that being said, I think that it wasn’t another way that things could’ve been solved because they held Americans captive and authorities thought that they had to do that because that was best.

Based on piracy, I do not support it because it’s harmful to others and some take things overboard. To me piracy is like an addiction because once people start to get into the habit of doing it, people tend to get greedier because they are never satisfied, leading people to get hurt.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb