RIHLA #20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 28th 2012
Published: February 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Entomatadas (Rolled tortillas stuffed with fresh cheese&tomato sauce)


• Boil tomatoes *if you like spicy foods, add a few jalapenos&boil them together*
• Blend onion, garlic,about half a cup of water, and salt (&jalapenos, when they are done boiling)
• Add the tomatoes to the blender for a short amount of time so that the the sauce will be thick and not too liquid
• Then, in a frying pan, pour about three table spoons of olive oil to fry the sauce until it boils
• Warm up tortilla(s) then dip them in the tomato sauce
• Stuff the saucy tortilla with fresh, shredded cheese and roll it (like-into a taco)
• Add more cheese on top of the rolled entomatadas(tortillas) if wanted *you can also add lettuce,sour cream, and/or more tomato sauce to your dish.


Note: You can add diced onion to the fresh, shredded cheese used to stuff tortillas.

The origins of this recipe are from Mexico. My family can be identified with this recipe because it has always been made in my family and different ways of making it have been passed down as well. There are several ways in which one can change the salsa with tomatoes(which we also use a lot) to make their Entomatadas unique.

I strongly believe that people should have a variety of foods to choose from so that they can experience other cultures. I believe one can get a sense of what most of a culture/one's ethinic background foods are with the help of a special,well-known dish from that country. People should also have the privelage of tasting a wide-variety of dishes to expand their horizon on what they eat, rather than eating the same foods, such as foods only from where they come from.

As I have stated before, I do believe that food is a very important aspect of one's culture. Food can be a way to identify a person/group of people based on their origins, dislikes, beliefs, etc.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.326s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.2131s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb