RHILA #19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 20th 2012
Published: February 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Books in High School are banned because books include contet about sex, profanity, and racism.

2. If books with those kinds of topics are being shown to elementary kids, then I would say no because at that age kids are still imature and for the most part wont understand what they are reading. They are still to young to understand. However, kids in high school should be able to read those kinds of books, with the permission of their parents ofcourse. They should become aware of the different types of problems that surround them.

3. Most of the critics said thay they dont want their child to read books like that beause it has sexual content. First of all, I think kids in our do things when they are not suppose to, and its not a secret. Today's youth generation knows more than their parents about technology and other topics. For example: if kids are actually engaging in sexual intercourse then they should be able to read the book. If they are old enough to participate in something that is not considered age appropriate...then they should be able to read book material that is not considered "appropriate".

4. Parents complaints. I know some parents will not really care because thier child is in school, which can be considered a safe environment so anything they learn will be alright with them. However, some parents might not want their child to read what ever the teacher chose because of their religion or becuase it is not age appropriate.

5. People can speak up. "When we speak up to protect the right to read, we not only defend our individual right to free expression, we demonstrate tolearance and respect for opposing points of view". By speaking up people show that they actually care about what they read and dont want others to choose what they should or shouldnt be reading.

6. I personally don't do a lot of reading, but now I wonder what other kinds of readings have been banned that maybe I will not have the privilage of reading.

How mant complaints does it actually take for a book to be banned?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb