RHILA #20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 27th 2012
Published: February 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

How has the Columbian Exchange & Triangle Trade affected current day foods & culture?

I think that since some civilizations were conquered by others, the exhcange of the Triangle Trade actually influenced current day future and culture for many groups.



Provide a family recipe that includes at least one of the following ingredients and then answer the questions that follow: Enchiladas (chilis)

Family Recipe For: Enchiladas

1.Boil the Guajillo peppers




2. once boiled but them in the blender with the garlic, onions, salt, and cumins.




3.Boil the chicken with garlic, onion and salt. Once it is cooked shred the chicken




4.Grab the Tortillas and dip them in the sauce and Fry them in hot oild (quick fry)




5.Put in a plate and place the shrederd chicken




6.Roll the torilla




7.Place sour creem, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and jalapeno peppers.



1. What are the origins of this recipe?It has been on my mom side of the family for many years!!





2. Does your family in someway identify with this recipe? Why or why not?

Yes, that is a traditional Mexican plate. Especially since the Jalapeno peppers are there, we like to eat spices.





3. Do you think people should have access to a variety of foods? Why or why not?

Yes. Just because we try other foods, it does not mean they are a part of us. People may enjoy trying other foods becuase they like to try all kinds of food.





4. In general, do you think food is an important aspect of one’s culture? Explain.

For me it is. Mainly because I know that my family memebers have "improved" or added different ingridients to some things. I know sometimes one of my family members will make a different place compared to how my mom makes her food. I do belive that food is important to ones culture.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb