RIHLA #17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 7th 2012
Published: February 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1.) I agree with Castiglione's description of what makes an man ideal during the Renaissance. He describes the ideal man as a man that has to be pretty much be perfect. He described this man as being smart, fluent in languages, play a lot of instruments, they have to be romantic when it comes to females, they have to be strong and play sports. In a way i agree, but then again, no one is perfect. I think this because some men may be very talented but others may only specialize in one of those areas. I don't believe men like Castiglione described exist today because, like I said, no one is perfect and I think most men focus on one talent and try to improve from there.

2.) I think Castiglione thought men should live and act the way he described to be ideal because people wanted a fresh start. Also, since men were the dominant gender before, Castiglione wanted them to be near perfect and improve their way of life.

3.) I believe it is better to lead through fear than it is to lead through love. If people are feared by you, then they won't try to rebel as much or question authority because they don't want to be killed, etc. If one leads through love, then te people may take advantage over the leader and want to question authority since they know the leader is a loving and kind person: it'll be like walking all over them because they know they won't do anything to hurt them since there is so much love that he has towards his people. Leaders should be feared so that things get done and the people follow you.

4.) One great leader that lead through love was Mahatma Gandhi because of his theory and practice of non-violent resistance. He described himself as a seeker of truth which could not be obtained by any other way than by non-violence/love and striving towards God. In South Africa, him, along with other Indians, were being held for over twenty years. The Indians who had already been living in South Africa were without political rights and were called derogatory names such as the "coolies". It wasn't until then that Gandhi became aware of the frightening force and fury of European racism and how far Indians were from being considered full human beings. He, along with other Indians, weree degraded but that didn't stop him from protesting for rights in a non-violent manner.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb