RIHLA #13


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 19th 2011
Published: December 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This year a CNN Hero was chosen, and Robin Lim was the hero this year. I agree with CNN with having Robin Lim as the hero for 2011. Robin Lim had lost people very important in her life, her friend, midwife, sister, and neice or nephew. One thing admiring about Lim is the fact that she didn't become angry or start to "hate" the world. She started to be apart of the solution, to try to fix this huge problem. Seeing the problem that woman have to pay for thier child to be out of the hospitai, and the fact that people can not pay for this. Plus that becasue of this many people are dying giving birth and babies are dying. Because they are going to people who are untrained. Lim, who moved to Bali, helped deliver babies and then opened he rown clinic. This clinic treated women giving birth without the worry of pay. Lim didn't even care for the money, only having the satisfaction of helping others. She took inititiave to move to a new country to make a difference, and i think she is a Hero for that.

I think Oprah Winfrey is a hero, because she has helped others in so many ways. For example she opened a school in Africa for girls. She gave away. And she helps give people homes. Oprah shares what she has and is loving a PMC.

I think we do study heroes in history all the time. Everyone who has done something is a hero, even the unknown man that was in the civil war is a hero. Thou, I think the people that write the text are in charge of telling us who the heroes are, because that is the text that we use to learn.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb