RHILA # 13


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 17th 2011
Published: December 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. Which one do you consider the be most HEROIC? Explain.

I consider Amy Stokes to be the most heroic. She has been able to create a network that allows people from different continents to connect. Kids who are ,unfortunately, placed for adoption are not able to grow up with an adult role model, so creating a network that will help kids connect to adults and have them guide them as they grow up is very symbolic.



2. If you had the chance, who would you nominate to be your hero of 2011? (This person can be someone you know personally or a public figure that you consider to be a hero)

It may sound common, but I would nominate my mom. As an unemployed mother, for two years, she has found ways to give us everything that we need. Although we may not get it right away, at some point we get it. She is very supportive of every decision that I make. She judges me honestly, and then tells me her reason behind it. She always put everyone before herself. She may not make a difference to everyone, but she makes a difference to me.



3. Do we study "heroes' in history? Who decides who or what is heroic?

I think we do learn about heroes, but we dont really recognize them for the services they did or are doing for others. We may think "oh they were good people" but dont really look at everything he or she did. Historians decide what is heroic. Since they are the ones to discover what happened before they might give their opinion and people become influenced. People like me dont have access to see the actual foundings or knowledge to determine if someone was a hero.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb