RIHLA #4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 3rd 2011
Published: October 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post


I choose the topic of domestic violence and homelessness because it seemed like something a lot of women go through, maybe even once in her life. This topic had a strong cause and effect on it. Also that this topic was about women in particular and why they were homeless. I wanted to know how domestic violence lead to homelessness.


I learned that 63% of the women on the streets have been abusive relationship. The women leave but have no where to go, so in result they live on the streets. The more domestic violence the more homeless women on the streets. There are also shelters that help women, and sometimes their children too. But there are not enough shelters to help all of the homeless women, and sadly, they are turned away. But what interested me was that if a person in a household was getting abused, they throw out everyone in that household, this also leads to women on the streets. I think this part was really unfair to the person getting abused.

This relates to class because it is in a way similar to Hinduism. How the women, mostly including the untouchables, are raped and abused a lot. Not only that the untouchable women are living in very bad conditions, almost the same as the women living on the street.

I would like to find out why the landlords would kick out the people getting hurt in domestic violence also and not just the abuser. I believe that this makes it worse for the women in the relationship because they end up homeless. This makes me feel mad, that women, who are victims, are mistreated and are ultimately ended up on the streets. I want people to know about this cause and effect, so more women won't end up on the streets.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1005kb