RIHLA #3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 25th 2011
Published: September 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

In class we are learning about the Aryans in India. Also about the caste system and how it divided people in to classes. In the article it was saying how the caste system was still there and how it affected the jobs people had and how they lived.


I think since the caste system is very old people grew up knowing this system at place. Because the society grew up this way, they think this is the right way to do things. Also, they might be scared to say something, since a lot, or majority, of the population thinks this process is like the law.

In the United States history a lot of racial groups were treated like the Dalits. In the civil rights movements African Americans, and their supporters, were not aloud to do certain things and were looked down on. This also happened with the Japanese during World War II and Homosexuals with certain people.

This article showed me that some countries have not changed or moved on to newer things. They have not realized that you can't keep the same laws or rules forever because things change and the laws need to be modified. I am also confused to why people haven't tried to protest the caste system and how unfair they are treated? Do they care how they are treated?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb