RILHA #2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 18th 2011
Published: September 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post



The article "Why Do Women Still Earn Less Than Men?" relates to what we are learning world history, because we are learning of civilizations. We are learning about how civilizations run, religion, geographic, culture, etc. Also, this relates to the topic of agriculture. In class we read articles that said that agriculture lead to inequality between sexes. Then we saw 'stone art' that shows the women with the children by the huts, while the men were out working. This relates to how the culture changed between sexes and how it is still affected.

From the article I learned that women still are not exactly equal to men. In some work forces women are not welcomed at all. But on average a woman is paid around 80% of what a man gets. I think this shows me how society still feels about women working, and how it is still an issue about women rolls.

Looking back at the article I was surprised when it read "Their results: even when controlling for factors like education, men who transitioned to women earned, on average, 32% less after the surgery. Women who became men, on the other hand, earned 1.5% more." This surprised me because of what you your gender is, is what you get paid. If you were a man, but s a woman now, you get almost a third of your salary cut. And the women don't even get a higher salary if they turn into a man. I think this frustrated me of how people can be close minded about sex equality and still feel women should not get the same amount of pay, for the same amount of work the men do.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb