A5 RIHLA #1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 9th 2011
Published: September 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. What is the author's argument on why the album sold so well during the week of 9/11?
The author states that the reason why Jay-Z's album sold during this tragic time, was due to young people who were not really in the attack. The fans were hyped up and excited about Jay-Z's album prior to the attack, and went to buy/download the album on 9/11. Those people where still functioning and going on with their lives, because things needed to get done.
2. Do you agree with what the author says about young people and tragedies? Why or why not?
I do agree with what the author was saying about the young people and tragedies. Majority of young people tend to not really pay attention at what is going on if it does not involve them. Or later on they will see how significant it was. Young people will tend to move on with their lives to do things that they want or need to be done. Whether it is shopping for food or clothes.
3. Do you think it is important for those young people from 9/11 (who are now only a bit older than yourselves) to start reflecting critically on the EFFECTS that 9/11 has on today's world? Why or why not?
I believe so. People of all ages need to reflect on 9/11, even if you were only a baby. We need to realize that what happened on that day affected our lives and other lives in the world. We need to realize how we went to war and the affect it had on all the people in the countries. If we understand what had happened that day, we can see how it affected our people, laws, and our relations with the countries around us.

4. For the majority, what do young people in Afghanistan remember about 9/11?
The majority of young people in Afghanistan don't really remember 9/11 and how it relates to their country. Some only remember the buildings falling or the airplanes exploding.
5. How do the young adults interviewed differ on their opinion about Americans?
A lot of young adults believe that the U.S is there to help them gain more knowledge or protect them. They believe that the U.S is there for good and is actually helping them improve. Some just believe that the U.S is not there for any good reason, and are being selfish for killing many Muslims and leaving.
6. Do you ever think about how other countries perceive the United States. Does this make you want to do or learn more about people/events in history? Explain.
I sometimes think about what other counties think about what we have did. This makes me want to learn about other countries and how they perceive us.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb