One Week Away...from Cleveland


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
January 8th 2006
Published: January 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Update: There's really very little to tell about our travels, since they (STILL) haven't started yet. But we are getting closer to our departure date. We are exactly one week away from Cleveland and only about three more days beyond that to Costa Rica.

Since the last post we've had our little meeting with the immunization people, had a few injections (Hepatitis A and Typhoid) from which Elise is still whining about the arm pain days later. Personally it just felt like a punch in the arm... from an elderly person... with osteoperosis, but some people are just a little more "dramatic" than others.

In the meantime, we continue, or I should say, Elise continues to plan our adventure exhaustively spending more time researching lodging, transportation, packing, eating, drinking, shoe choice, diarrhea medicine, and anything else that could or might possibly have anything to do with Costa Rica or traveling in general. I just agree with her decisions. I figure we'll get there and do what we do and it'll be fun. I think that Elise has as much fun doing the planning and organizing as she does on the actual trip. The good part about that is that we have an idea of where we're going and how we're getting there so we can save some time once we're there. Our route is a circle starting in San Jose, going up to Volcano land, through Jungle area, and around to beaches then back to San Jose.

So, in summary, we got shot(s), did some research, started packing and are one week closer. The boring posts should end soon, I think I"m just writing this to get some practice for when we do actually have something to write about.

-gregg

Advertisement



13th January 2006

Dramatic!
Are you suggesting that my daughter is "dramatic"? Thus far I am enjoying your commentary and look forward to addtional writings of your journey.
13th January 2006

Cool Blog
Thanks for the nose news neighbor! Glad that you will be in touch. Don't want to miss a thing from your exciting journey. Just be SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb