Costa Rica via Chicago


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 29th 2005
Published: January 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This is the first entry into our Costa Rica Journal and this one should prove to be a scorcher seeing as we don't actually leave for another three weeks or so.

As I write, Elise is researching options for the first leg of our Costa Rican Journey - which thankfully has nothing to do with Steve Perry (the Chicago White Sox should learn from our example).

At this point we have our flights arranged which will actually start from Cleveland, and allow us a few extra days to bookend our trip with a stay in the Windy Ci... I mean the Big Ap..., um, the Motor Ci...crap, does Cleveland have a nickname? I guess we'll just refer to it as "Elise's Home Town." Anyway, we're going and coming back through Cleveland and will undoubtedly spend lots of time with the Kleinmans and at Tommy's, the pseudo-vegetarian diner that, for some unexplainable reason, Elise can't live without. Mmmm, soy milkshake.

Regarding the more exciting part, the month we actually spend in Costa Rica, we are still mostly undecided as to what our particular itinerary will be. We're flying into San Jose (the capitol for those looking to learn from this blog), rather than the somewhat more convenient airport in Liberia - knowledge that might have served us better had we done more preliminary research. On the bright side this will allow us to experience more of Costa Rica's most luxurious way to travel, a school bus on marginally paved roads. But isn't that the fun of travel? The out of the way, unexpected experiences in between the planned destinations.

OK, stay glued to the 'puter for some more exciting updates of our pre-travel funtimes, and eventually we might even talk about some stuff that happens while we're out of the country.

-gregg



Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb