CC w Chris Day 10


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho » Pocatello
September 11th 2014
Published: September 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

2014 09 10 Day 9



There was 4 inches of snow on the car in the morning. The roads and parking lots were clear, but there was snow on the non-paved areas as well as the cars.



The low tire pressure indicator was lit, so we drove to a gas station to get air. The nozzle to the air pump was broken, but you don't know that until you try to put air into the tire, so all I got for my seventy-five cents was four pounds less pressure. We went to the gas station across the street, and for fifty cents, were able to add air to the tire.



We stopped at Burger King for breakfast and headed into the park. The roads were clear, but the bridges were very, very icy. I started to get nervous about going over the mountain passes. At the Park entrance, the Ranger told me that the roads in Yellowstone weren't too bad because they didn't get as much snow as Cody.



On the way into the park, a few miles from Cody, I pulled over to the side of the road to take a picture of the mountain range to the south, which I thought was very picturesque. Chris looked at me when we stopped and asked why we were stopping, I told her that I was going to take a picture. She asked “take a picture of what”?



Unfortunately the clouds masked the tops of the mountains, so we really didn't get to see the much of Grand Tetons.



We had an excellent lunch in Jackson Hole and walked around for a bit. Jwe got the impression that Jackson hole is like Deadwood (and Seaside) but more upscale, a tourist trap for the well to do if you will.



We arrived in Pocatello, Idaho at 5:40 and had dinner at Chilli's.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb