CC w Chris Day 11


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Midvale
September 12th 2014
Published: September 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

2014 09 12 Day 11



The morning was sunny but very, very cold. After breakfast at the motel, we drove to Craters of the Moon National Monument. The ride was a little over an hour and a half across very flat, very boring steppe. We stopped at a rest stop and when we got out of the car we were greeted with an icy blast of cold wind.



We really liked the Craters of the Moon National Monument. By the time we got there it had warmed up considerably. Very nice, sunny, almost warm weather. The National Park Service has done a very nice job of creating walkways and paths through the volcanic remains with many markers explaining how what you were looking at was formed. After about an hour and a half of walking around the park we ate a picnic lunch at one of the unused campsites. All in all, a very pleasant visit.



On our way to Salt Lake City, we went back to Pocatello to do laundry. This was the first time in Chris's life that she used a laundromat. Probably her last, to say she wasn't thrilled with the experience would be an understatement.



We didn't get to Salt Lake City until almost eight o'clock, a very long day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb