Photo Catch Up


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
July 14th 2014
Published: July 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The top entrance at the Watkins Glen GorgeThe top entrance at the Watkins Glen GorgeThe top entrance at the Watkins Glen Gorge

This gorge is just beautiful from end to end
Hi from us again.

It is 1.30pm on Monday and as promised we have found a McDonalds in a little town on the North Wetsern side of O'ahu, I think it is called Hale'iwa and is a lovely beachside town that is chocablock full of tourists (just like us).

McDs have the best free wifi we have come across during this trip so we have used it as mush as we can when required. It is very quick which makes a change from our condo's system which just doesn't seem to have enough grunt to do much at all.

Anyway enough pratling on.

We got up this morning and after our usual breakfast on the lanai, headed out in the big bluey for the North Coast. Only a couple of wrong turns due to the pecularities of the GPS machine. Finally got onto the right freeway etc. and headed to the Dole Pineapple Plantation about an hour away.

We stopped there and wandered around after driving through pineapple plantations as far as the eye could see in every direction.

The volcanic soil here is so red and the whole countryside is that colour.

We did the train ride around the Dole property listening to the history of the company etc.

After that we headed north until we found this place for lunch and wifi!!!!

We are heading further north to a beach at a place called Waimea so I'll download some catch up photos from the last few days. You may need to go right down to the bottom of the page to see all the photos. I think it has a box to click on that says something like 'more photos' or something like that.

Aloha until next time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Some of the waterfalls are over the pathwaySome of the waterfalls are over the pathway
Some of the waterfalls are over the pathway

I didn't get too wet posing for this photo!!


Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb