Day 7


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Waikiki
May 17th 2008
Published: May 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Aloha!!

Well what a day we've had today!!
We were up at 5.15am and off around the corner to Denny's for breakfast, and I might add like London this place never sleeps.
7.00am was pick time for an hours drive to the west coast to Waianae for our swimming with dolphins trip.
After a 20 min. ride out on a sea that was as flat as a mill pond, in what can only be described as a huge dingy......lol, we arrived at our destination. You could see the Hawaiian Spinner dolphin straight away, and boy were there a lot of them, about 8 pods. With our flippers and snorkel gear on we were soon in the water, which was unexpectedly warm given the hour of the day. We had two underwater camera's so took loads of pics. Hope they come out ok as they are being developed as I type! If they did they'll be attached to the blog. We spent a good hour with the dolphins before we were back on board and heading for our second location, Turtle Town.
You're never guess what we found there! yep you guessed it tropical fish galore swimming amongst the reef along with the greenback turtles. It's illegal to touch or approach them and you'd end up with a $25,000 fine if you did.
Another fantastic trip, the best so far. More to come, watch this space!!

Spent a relaxing afternoon strolling along the beach front (Kuhio beach park) and watching surfers till late afternoon.

Bit sad really, only 3 more sleeps left in Hawaii :O(


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb