Aloha and Good morning


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Waikiki
May 13th 2008
Published: May 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Here we are starting our second day in beautiful Hawaii. Have been sitting on the patio having coffee. It is so nice. Yesterday we started off driving downtown to the palace. Finally found a place to park, walked a ways only to find the palace was closed on Mondays! We did go into the courthouse and it is very pretty and interesting. Left there and went to the Dole Pineapple Plantation. Had lunch and looked around then drove around the North Shore. It is so pretty. Stopped at Waimea beach and took pictures. Stopped at a little roadside stand and got some delicious papaya for Mark and me! Barb fried some great chicken and we had a great dinner looking out on Wikiki! By the way, as we were driving along the North Shore we were stopped at a red light and I told Barb to jump out and pick me a plumeria bloom, only kidding, but Mark pulled over, she got out, climbed over a little fence and picked me a flower! We put it in a vase and it graced our table last night. After dinner we walked across the street and waded in the ocean. Felt so nice. Was such fun to stand in the ocean and sand! Our bedroom window looks out over the city and mountians. The lights look so pretty at night , but early in the morning I love to look out and see the clouds hanging over them. It is beautiful and even after the sun comes up the clouds are still there. I love the sky here and how the clouds just hang over the mountians. Karen will arrive tonight, she will be full of talk about her time in China and we will enjoy hearing about it. So thankful she got out before the big earthquake!! Write more tomarrow! I loved getting all the comments!! Aloha till tomarrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb