The North Shore


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Waikiki
November 7th 2006
Published: November 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Good Morning Everbody!

Well, just to clarify in my last entry i said the foriegn office had 'not' issued a warning, but i meant to say had 'now' issued a warning, so that should make sense now!!

Yersterday we visited the North Shore of the island, and it is so lush you would not believe. No high rise hotels, no macdonalds, its really peaceful and beautiful. Really reallt glad we are going up there to stay for a couple of nights. We saw giant green sea turtles, a waterfall and pool that was used in 'lost', some masive waves (over 10foot andi went in and got sompletely wiped out and nearly drowned, while Corinne looked on and laughed!), Jack Johnsons house (and the man himsalf i think!), pro surfer Kelly Slaters house which looks like a huge wave, the famous sunset beach and banzi pipeline, although it was dark by the time we got to the pipeline so we couldnt really see it very well.

After our long day being driven to all these places in a limo, with some great people, we all went and had dinner at a mexican restaurant and then went home to bed, as we where all shattered!

And the best part of all, it was free! The tour is supposed to cost $40, and we booked to go on tuesday, but the tour was overbooked and they asked if anybody would come back another day, and so we offered, and they let us go for free!! Just off to the shops now, and then back to the beach for some more tanning and swimming in water that doesnt attempt to kill you! Seriously thought i was going to die! Check out how big the waves are in comparison to the size of the big blokes swimming!!!!!! HUGE!

Nat and Corinne xxxxxxxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Turtle SwimmingTurtle Swimming
Turtle Swimming

You can just see the turtle swimming. We where allowed to go in and swim with them, but i was too busy taking photos for you all!
Turtle EmergingTurtle Emerging
Turtle Emerging

Here he comes, you can tell its a boy by his big......tail! ha ha
WaterfallWaterfall
Waterfall

this is Waimia waterfall as used in 'Lost'
Waimai WaterfallWaimai Waterfall
Waimai Waterfall

We went in, it was freezing!
Wave 1Wave 1
Wave 1

huge!
Wave 2Wave 2
Wave 2

So big!
Wave 3Wave 3
Wave 3

Unbelievable.
Wave 4Wave 4
Wave 4

I was nearly in tears I as so scared, getting out again was the hardest bit!
Sunest 1Sunest 1
Sunest 1

Aaahhh!
Sunset 2Sunset 2
Sunset 2

This view calmed me down after my near death experience!
Our LimoOur Limo
Our Limo

Check out the horns! ha ha
Sunset 3Sunset 3
Sunset 3

another lush view
Jacks HouseJacks House
Jacks House

Im pretty sure i saw him cooking in a white baseball cap! How cool!
Sunset BeachSunset Beach
Sunset Beach

This is Jack's view everyday. Lucky boy!
Sunset Beach 2Sunset Beach 2
Sunset Beach 2

Lovely! :)


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb