Day 3 - Hawaii Cruise


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Kaua'i
January 9th 2007
Published: January 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The ship stayed in port overnight so we got up fairly early had our buffet breakfast as we do every day and got off the ship and into our car. Drove to the north east side of the island this time. We stopped at the Wallua Falls which were flowing very fast (and saw chickens even there!) continue driving to another waterfall. We had to be back on the ship at 12.30 to leave port at 1 and we had a about an hour and a half left. So we continued to travel up north and went to a cliff and lighthouse. Also went past the ‘Sleeping Giant’ mountain- see pic and try and work it out!

We then thought about going to see some caves that we further up. But were not sure how long it would take us, so we took the chance and drove what felt like forever. The fist caves we saw we got out, took the picture and turned around. Ended up returning the car back to the rental company and back on the ship with about 15 minutes to spare- perfect. Missed out on going to Wal - Mart (haven’t been to one yet).

Once back on board the ship it was our first time actually to have some free time aboard. So there was a hula class on at 12.30 which i went to. I was the youngest by about 40 years! So I leant four dances that we are going to perform at a concert tomorrow night. It was a lot of fun.

Next Benn and I played some shuffleboard and for the record I won! Had a few shots at basketball and golf. Benn wasn’t feeling to well and went for a walk and ended up having a spew. So he went back to the room for a rest and to take some travel sickness pills. I kicked on and went to an art and craft class to make lei’s but all it was, was putting beads on a string so I kept walking.

Also spotted a couple of whales of the back of the deck today. It was just like what u see on TV, the spurt and then the tail. It was amazing. Went to a magic show and a trivia show. Tomorrow we port at Hilo which is famous for its Volcanoes. So we have a tour booked to see the volcanoes. We are all nice and tanned from good ol Dove Holiday Skin- not much sun here- overcast days. (Benn has even got into it!)


Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb