CARE


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Atlanta
March 20th 2014
Published: March 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The NGO that I will choose is CARE international. CARE international was founded in 1945 by 22 organizations. Wallace Campbell and his friends Arthur Ringland and Lincoln Clark initiated the concept of CARE USA. Wallace Campbell served as CARE international’s president from 1978 to 1986. CARE use to stand for “Cooperative for America Remittances to Europe”. However, years later, it was changed to Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere. CARE international focuses primarily mostly on Women and girls. They believe that women’s empowerment is a key in helping their families and communities escape poverty. They try pushing towards gender equality, so men realize that their wife’s empowerment can benefit the entire family. CARE works in 86 countries around the world. It is mostly in continents such as Latin America, Africa, Asia and Oceania. CARE supports 927 humanitarian and development projects that reach more than 97 million people. In my opinion, I do believe that care is making a positive impact because care does not only focus in one specific area, but more areas around the world trying to solve more problems.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb