Our stay in Atlanta


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Atlanta » Midtown
December 2nd 2009
Published: December 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

29th of November: Today we arrived 02:00 p.m in Atlanta after a very long and often interrupted night with Greyhound and their buses. We took the metro to north springs and there we got picked up by our host.
We got a lovely Indian dinner, which was made by one of the house mates. Afterwards we watched a funny movie. Nothing more happened since we were tired after a night without sleep.

30th of November: Today we decided to have a rest day, where we would wash our clothes and relax.
We went out for a rainy walk to the close by grocery store and bought ice cream. 😉
In the evening we did a little work out in the "in-house-fitness-room". We managed one whole hour of dance and fitball aerobic. yeah!

1st of December: Today we had a sightseeing day in Atlanta. First we went to the office of "Garson&Shaw" where we met all the employees and got explained how everybody and everything works. Around lunch we visited the CocaCola museum. It was a great experience, once because it was a interesting setup with 4D-Cinema, tasting department, popart workshop.... and second we learned a lot about American society and history, popart-culture and media influence in the last hundred years.
Since Atlanta was hosting the summer olympics in 1996, we could still see a lot of memorials of that event all over the city. At last we visited today the "Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site and Preservation District".

2nd of December: Our day plan got ruined by very heavy rain, so we are spending the time until the bus leaves, in the office.
We are using the opportunity of free internet and phone to organize our stay in Florida, where we still don't have accommodation for in ca. 18hours and no car to rent without major credit card (the one with the high hyphens). But we are optimistic that we will fix both of it in time. :D



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb