staying out of trouble in Cedar Key


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
April 7th 2011
Published: April 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi...last full day here on the"Nature Coast" of Florida, or so the ads call it. Just add .com and you can see more about this area. Or google Florida nature coast.
I will try to find out the name of the Indian tribe from 1000 years ago that left the shell mound you can see consisting of oyster shells.
The blog entry on Apr 6 had an error; no fast food chain restaurants in Cedar Key but certainly that does not apply to Levy County!
Today's lunch was clam chowder, a cup of, and key lime pie , with iced tea at the Fish Cafe.
It was very yummy. I sat outside overlooking the back bayou.
The entry to Cedar Key has 4 bridges; and the waters you pass over there are sure to have egrets and herons.
Today it is hot; 83 F with a high humidity.
But the weekend will be warmer , in the low 90's in some places.
Today the Masters starts. Go Tiger ! Go Michelson!
Rick has most of our "Go thru to home" stuff packed. His wrist has improved since being here.
Has anyone heard of "heart of palm"? It's on one of the menus in a salad ; this salad had a lettuce base , then the heart of palm (also called swamp cabbage) , and 3 kinds of fruit and then ice cream dressing!!
hmmm ...wonder what that tastes like.
Today we saw "bottleneck dolphins" from our balcony; they were cruising by , so it seems.
There are 250 to 300 of them that "reside" here I was told. They feed on mullet; and a researcher from Mass. has a grant to study their feeding procedure as it is unique to this particular group of dolphins and is learned behaviour. These dolphins are a protected species. To feed they gather and then their "driver" dolphin forces the mullet towards them.
Have a nice weekend all. ox IJ/R







Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb