Rain in Cedar Key


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
March 29th 2011
Published: March 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

hey!! To Brian...We are on 2nd. Same street as they do the art festival this coming weekend, and directly across from the park. Motel is called Park Place.
This is a week of possible thunderstorms. And Monday rained til 4pm. As everything is very lush I expect that was a good thing!Low at night around 65 and hi is 73 now. Fortunately, the weekend is predicted to be sunny.
Our drive today was the letter "C" places: From Cedar Key to Crystal River; then return via Chiefland.
The nuclear plant comes between Cedar Key and Crystal River; and can be seen most of the time from our balcony over the water. In Crystal River we were in their mall. Shopped in Sears , JC Penney's, Belk's and Payless Shoes.
I got some good deals. The spring fashions are really cute for the young and slim!! The shorts have very little fabric! Skimpy!! And as an aside, we saw a mom , with 2 kids , shopping in a grocery store and her one piece outfit was scooped below the belly button. It's a wonder she doesn't have 20 kids!
Stopped by Akablue, a new restaurant in Cedar Key, for a few cherry tarts to take home.
I tried to swim after that but sinking in the sand in the water thru sharp objects has little appeal! The water temp was great though.
Most boats that put out on Monday returned in a short time with the steady rain. Today lots of crab fishing boats have gone out at different times.
All license plates in the parking lot where we park are from northern states. Maybe a break from the cold?
Well , off to do more of nothing of import.Maybe buy and read the paper.
Later....IJ/R

Advertisement



1st April 2011

hey, from george and bob
Sounds wonderful, sand, sea and salt air. Throw in a cold one and and art fest and life is good! Enjoy your trip, I will enjoy following your blog. love George & bob

Tot: 0.375s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb