August 9th Navarre Beach, FL to Tallahassee, FL


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
August 10th 2009
Published: August 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Navarre Beach, FL-Gulf of Mexico 001Navarre Beach, FL-Gulf of Mexico 001Navarre Beach, FL-Gulf of Mexico 001

A little windy but I've got my toes in the sand!
August 9th Navarre Beach,FL
so we
TOES IN THE SAND!

We woke up in the Walmart parking lot(well actually in the RV, not in the actual parking lot! hahaha!). Overnight it had rained like the devil. I thought a hurricane was coming! We packed things up and headed for the beach. We decided not to go back to Pensacola Beach because it was just too crowded so we headed east. We stopped for breakfast at Waffle House after getting ourselves out of quite a pickle in the tight one way parking lot. Phil did an awesome job!

The Waffle House was right across the causeway bridge fron Navarre Beach touting itself as the best kept secret in Florida so that's where we went. It is a neat little beach town with mostly condos and not much retail. We parked the RV and went for a walk on the beach. Only problem is it was starting to sprinkle and it was pretty cloudy out. All these days of of unbelievably hot weather and when we finally get to the east and the ocean it looks like rain! But Oh I was sooooo happy to get my toes in the
Navarre Beach, FL-Gulf of Mexico 002Navarre Beach, FL-Gulf of Mexico 002Navarre Beach, FL-Gulf of Mexico 002

Life is rough on the road
sand. I am a beach girl at heart!

It looked like it was clearing up so we decided to go back to the RV to get chairs, towels and the like. We got on the scooter. We must have looked hysterical-like scooter boat people. It was both of us on the scooter with a backpack on the back and me holding a beach chair motoring down the road. Too funny!

We found a good place to sit and settled in. Just in time for a storm to start brewing. We could see it out on the water. We thought it was going to blow out but before you know it the skies opened up. We managed to take cover under a condo porch but not before we were totally soaked. Actually the rain felt good. It's been so long since I've really felt it rain.

After about 45 minutes the skies cleared and we went back on the beach. The rest of the day was lovely and hot. We went in the water for quite awhile and just hung out. The water is so clear in the Gulf and the sand is a beautiful white. It looks like the sand you buy at Home Depot to put in a sandbox-like sugar. When we were done we got back on the scooter and motored back to the RV. There was a sate park beach down the road so we stopped there and took outside showers to clean up. We make do with what we have!!!

Next adventure is Scott & Tara's in Charleston. We decided to get a few hours under our belt so we drove to just west of Tallahassee to our final KOA for the night. We got there in time to build a fire and cook some steaks for our last night of camping. We have had such a wondeful time and we are going to miss the easy going lifestyle of life on the road and we are definitely going to miss the Rv, but we are looking forward to seeing our kids, pups and friends soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



10th August 2009

Ain't nothing like the beach
Now that's what I'm talkin about. Chillin on the beach. It's flat with nothing to climb. I'm 'bout worn out with all that hikin through those canyons, especially with all that HEAT. Say hello to Scott and Tara for us. Keep on truckin your butts back home soon. I'm assuming y'all be back this thursday? Miss and love you!!!!!!
12th August 2009

Yep. You know I like my toes in the sand! We'll be home Wednesday! Can't wait to see everybody on White Star!

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb