Countdown: PR-2! June 17, 2008


Advertisement
Published: June 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

In 48 hours, I'll be onboard the plane to San Juan, Puerto Rico, where the true journey will begin. But before crossing that ocean, a few days of living the simple life to recharge my batteries in southern Florida is in order. I'm also having great fun clicking my new new Canon camera at everything. After tennis yesterday, NitaJean and I loaded up the Mercedes and drove to Hutchinson Island (across the bridge from Jensen Beach) for some sand and sandwiches. No sooner had we unloaded and dug our toes in to hit the beach, the lifeguard raised the red flag and bullhorned everyone out of the water just as the darkened, thunderous skies opened up. Not to be deterred, and hunger gnawing, we flopped our sand chairs right beside the Ladies Room underneath an overhang, fished out our tuna sand-wiches, popped a top on some cold suds, and proceeded with our picnic while the sun/rain drenched gals paraded in and out of the locker room! No sooner had we finished then the sun seared overhead, the red flag faded to yellow caution, and we relocated the party to the beach!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Picnic: Rain or ShinePicnic: Rain or Shine
Picnic: Rain or Shine

Sand-wiches by the seashore
The River HouseThe River House
The River House

Nitajean's backyard on the Port St. Lucie River


Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb