Published: June 7th 2008June 7th 2008
Kitty wants to go too
Lyra tries to pack herself up in my luggage. But, Lyra, I'm not taking that one...I'm taking the backpack!
So, what do I do to prepare for this trip???
1. Buy a camera - yes, shockingly, I do not own a camera. Never had the need. Don't actually like pictures. But, I truly can't imagine NOT having pictures of the city of Machu Picchu.
2. Get a yellow fever vaccination shot. Must have one before they'll let you go into the Amazon. Which leads to the question...Where do you get one? Well, I've spoken with 4 Dr's offices & none of them have yellow fever vaccines. Finally the last one told me that I can get one at the health department.
3. Pack - yikes...I'm gonna push that one down to #20
4. Buy a head lamp. Yes, a head lamp...you know one of those lights that you strap to your head. Gonna need it in the Amazon -- there's no lights at night when you're camping & it gets dark early...imagine taking a trip to the little girl's room without a head lamp?? SCARY!
5. There must be more, but I just can't think about it now...too excited...only 8 days until i leave!