Busch Gardens - Best Amusement Park in the World


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Tampa
December 29th 2006
Published: February 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Drive to Tampa


ShiekraShiekraShiekra

This is the Roller Coaster with the verticle drop - you can see the car hanging over the edge of the drop waiting to go - they held the car there for a couple of seconds before it dropped!!
After Fiona's meeting we had two days to kill before New Years so we decided to head west to Tampa. Tampa has a huge theme park called Busch Gardens, and during the month of December all Service Personnel get free entry so we decided to make the most of this offer. We drove across through Orlando and arrived late on the night of the 29th. We headed out to Ybor city which is the Latin quarter and pretty much where all the restaurants and nightlife are. We had a really nice greek meal in a crazy restaurant where guests and staff danced on tables and staff demonstrated traditional greek dances whilst throwing hundreds of napkins in the air - very weird but entertaining.

We got up early the next morning and headed out to Busch Gardens which opened at 8 am. We arrived at 7:50 ish to find a very small lineup of cars - Bushc Gardens didn't open until 9 am, so we sat in line for a bit. This actually turned out to be blessing in disguise as we were among the first people into the park and actually got on all the major rollercoasters (6 of them)
The Crappy Log RideThe Crappy Log RideThe Crappy Log Ride

This is me after the incredibly crappy Log ride - Thanks Fi
before lunch, and that was when the crowd started to build.

The rollercoasters were amazing - the first we went on was completely wooden and rattled and shook like a bastard - very old school. Probably the biggest stand out was Shiekra which had two completely vertical drops - certainly got the heart pounding. Of note was the incredibly crappy water log ride which Fiona made us go on very early in the day just to ensure we were soaking wet for the whole day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The Crappy Log Ride IIThe Crappy Log Ride II
The Crappy Log Ride II

Here's both of us after the log ride - don't we look happy


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb