One Night Stand


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Tallahassee
March 26th 2016
Published: July 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 30.4398, -84.2806

Weather: NOLA Sunny 68, sunny in Moblie Alabama 72, cloudy/spotty rain Tallahassee.
 Hours Driving: 4.13
 Miles: 285
 States:  Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida
 University: 
 Restaurant: Felix's Fish Camp
 Hotel: Townplace Suites
 Movies: Star Wars (part)
 Car issues: Chipped Windshield

We said goodbye to NOLA this morning. It was sunny and nice. We are on the road to Tallahassee for the night on our way to Orlando for 5 days. It felt like we were there for a week. We expected to wake to rain/storms this morning. There was a system coming out of the Gulf that was huge and traveling North East along our driving path. Guess what? Once again we stayed out of it. It didn't hit NOLA so we started in sunshine and traveled behind it all the way to Tallahassee. We didn't see any rain until Tallahassee and it was only a couple drops. They were fighting storms all day. We were happy with a dry drive.

We made a stop in Mobile, Alabama where it was sunny and warm. It had been storming there earlier. We had lunch at a place on the water. It was ok. The food was good but there was a poonsy smell like dirty feet and fish. After, we attempted to go to the USS Alabama but the line of cars was down the highway in both directions. It would have taken us an hour or more to get in and God knows what it was like in there. You have to pick your battles (with kids) and we weren't willing to start WWII all over again. The USS Alabama isn't what she used to be. So we headed to Daphne over the bridge to Village Point Park Boardwalk to dip our feet into Mobile Bay (Gulf of Mexico). It is a really nice place with walkways through the woods. Apparently, you can see gators and snakes as our waitress told us and signs warned us. They are ordinary paths that I'm not sure you want to come across any sort of reptile. The paths take you to a beautiful sandy beach and a boardwalk out into the water. We played for a while and got back on the road. 

We had dinner at Olive Garden in Tallahassee. We have reached our eating out limit. This is the reason we rent a house halfway through our trip. We can cook and wash clothes and get off the road for a while. This is what Orlando is this year. We are spending the night in another Marriott. Not the nicest. It is half updated like the others but they forgot to redo the carpet, paint and replace the cabinets. You don't notice what's done, just what's not done. It's ok. It's only a one night stand for us. See you in Orlando.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

We are BlueWe are Blue
We are Blue

Red dots are where we've been and where we are going. Blue is us moving.


27th March 2016

I'm so glad y'all were behind the rain and only had to stay in that god forsaken town for a few hours!!! Also glad you didn't go to that evil campus there. Onto a better part of Florida!!!!

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0753s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb