We are not in Texas anymore


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » St Augustine
August 29th 2010
Published: August 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


So we left Newcastle on Friday the 27th at 9:15am , had a lovely flight, and landed at 1:30pm USA time. We headed straight to St. Augustines and stayed slightly out, near by the outlet malls.
After our first steaks we gave into the jetlag and went to sleep, in a slightly grotty Ramada, complete with cockroaches and cold showers! Pops and I have forgotten essential items, such as thermal underwear for night times, with mother having the aircon on full blast, we are sick of being cold in Florida!
So we woke up at 5:30 am, and had a lovely breakfast, complete with freshly made waffles from the waffle machine; amazing. Then headed to Prime Outlets, where nobody else was around, we were there for doors openig. It was lovely, we are saving ourselves for Orlando at the moment, but it was nice to feel back at home in the malls!
Whilst we were shopping Pops went to a flea market, with home grown produce and Ucnle Joe. Then we all met up and went around the old Historic town of St. Augustine, it is very pretty, the oldest city in USA. Unfortunatley I was not allowed in Ripleys Believe it or not, but hey ho, there is one in Orlando!
So then we came back to our Suite, which is very nice, and had a little nap. Later on in the evening to went out for Tea to one of our higest rated eateries in the world so far, called Hurricane Patties, its like MErlottes from True Blood. The food was lovely, we got prawns and scallops. Yum.
So today the weather is overcast as Earl is heading our way, but hopefully will pass. However it is still hot hot hot and humid, so my hair is becoming slightly HUGE. We were planning on a beach day, but there are warnings of rip tides to not go in the water, because of the hurricane the waters rough. SO the beaching may be prosponed until monday or Tuesday!
x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb